How to Recover Deleted Messages From iPhone: 5 Effective Ways
If you are searching for evidence or if you just want to read an old message, recovering deleted messages can be quite helpful.
Thinking about it, you may think it’s impossible to bring back lost messages, but with the different dynamics of data recovery, you have more than one way to get the messages you want back.
In order to successfully retrieve deleted messages, you need to know how the data recovery process works for iOS devices.
This guide will show you five ways to get back your deleted messages.
5 Ways to Recover Deleted Messages from iPhone
1. Restore from iCloud Backup
Usually, your iPhone saves backups to iCloud automatically, and you can use this backup file to get back the deleted messages.
If ever your partner has their iCloud account synced to their iPhone, you can check this method to see if you’re able to access their messages. It could really help you retrieve deleted messages and other information from their phone.
Here are the six steps on how to do it:
- Go to Settings app and simply tap the owner’s name/profile in the top part of the application.
- Select iCloud and see if “Messages” are toggled on. If not, tap to enable it.
- Choose “Back up now” to create a backup of the messages in iCloud.
- Once the backup is done, go to Settings > General > Reset.
- Select “Erase All Content and Settings.” This will delete everything from the iPhone, but it’s necessary to get back the messages from the backup.
- After the reset, choose “Restore from iCloud Backup.” Sign in to the iCloud account and choose the backup file that contains the messages you need.
2. Restore from iTunes Backup
This is another way to get back your messages if you have a backup file. If you’ve been backing up your iPhone to iTunes, you can use this backup file to retrieve the deleted messages.
However, if you’ve been encrypting your backups, you need to enter the password first before you can access and restore the data. If you don’t know the password, this method won’t work for you.
Here are the four steps on how to do it:
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Click on the device icon and choose “Summary.”
- Click on “Restore Backup” and select the backup file that contains the deleted messages.
- If asked, enter the password to continue. After that, iTunes will start restoring the backup file to your iPhone.
3. Use a Professional iOS Data Recovery Tool
If you don’t have a backup file or if you can’t access one, you can use a professional data recovery tool like iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery Win or iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery Mac to get back the deleted messages.
This software can help you recover lost data in different situations, including messages that were lost due to accidental deletion, iOS update, jailbreak, or even factory reset.
It’s very easy to use and it has a high success rate in recovering lost data. Plus, it’s compatible with the latest iOS 13 and iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max.
- Here are the simple steps on how to use iMyfone D-Back:
- Launch the software and choose “Recover from iOS Device.”
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Click “Scan” to start scanning your iPhone for lost data.
Once the scan is done, you can preview the found data and select the messages you want to recover. Finally, click “Recover” to save the messages on your computer.
4. Restore from iCloud Website
This method requires you to have a backup file of your messages in iCloud, but it’s still worth a try if you want to get back the deleted messages.
In addition, this method only works if you’ve enabled “Messages in iCloud” on your iPhone. If you haven’t, you won’t be able to see the messages when you access your account from a web browser.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to iCloud.com.
- Sign in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID and password.
- Click on “Messages” from the list of files that you can access from the website.
- Select the conversation that contains the deleted messages.
- Once you’ve found it, click on the “Download” icon (cloud with an arrow pointing down) to download the conversation to your computer.
5. Use a Third-Party messaging App
There are third-party messaging apps that can help you retrieve deleted messages. These apps usually have a backup feature that allows you to save your conversations in the cloud or on your computer.
One of the most popular messaging apps is WhatsApp. It has a feature that allows you to backup your conversations on iCloud or Google Drive.
If you have a backup of your WhatsApp messages, you can use it to retrieve the deleted messages. Here’s how:
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your iPhone and reinstall it.
- When prompted, choose “Restore.”
- Select the backup file that contains the deleted messages.
- Wait for the process to finish and you should be able to see the messages that were previously deleted.
Get Professional Help
There are times when you can’t seem to retrieve the deleted messages no matter what you do. If this happens, it’s best to consult a professional data recovery service to help you get back the lost data.
If all else fails, you can always turn back to hiring a private investigator to check the phone for signs of cheating. They will know what to look for and will be able to tell you if your partner is really cheating or not.
Contact us at 1300 147 909 or fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.